SOAR: HEAD OF PROGRAMS
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the Programs team is to bring to life Soar’s vision and mission. This journey requires a pipeline of engaged and inspired crew members, trained to understand and conquer the art of facilitation, and maintaining and developing our relationships with schools and community groups.The Head of Programs would work to ensure that Soar continues to create and provide world class programs, train expert staff and put young people first.
The key areas of focus for the Head of Programs will be to;
• Inspire and lead the stream leaders, maintain the quality of our programs and always strive for the best.
• Lead the delivery of our Program Strategy in alignment with our Strategic Objectives, expanding Soar’s crew of facilitators, training to a world class standard, to effectively deliver Soar’s programs and environments.
• Design and oversee the delivery of the Facilitator Recruitment and Deployment Strategy, forecast our workforce planning and develop capacity building initiatives
• Oversee the Facilitator Accreditation Pathway, maintain and ensure quality within the Soar accreditation framework management.
• Oversee Soar’s Programs relationship strategy and sustainability.
• Work with the Head of Impact to incorporate program evaluations and feedback into continuous improvement of our program development.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Preferred: Relevant third-level qualification in Community Development, Program Management, Social Work or equivalent professional experience, preferably in a community setting
2. Significant experience (3+years) managing a dynamic team along with a flexible workforce and Facilitator model
3. Strong Relationship building, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, with a keen customer service orientation
4. Strong People leadership experience, with an energy for motivating and inspiring others to thrive
5. Exceptional administration and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
6. Strong organisational and time management skills, initiative and the ability to successfully manage competing interests to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes
7. Commitment to continuous personal development and self-reflection, and maximising personal potential
• Straight shooter with a wild heart – we value honesty and compassion
• Thrives in a fast paced working environment – youth culture is constantly evolving and changing, our Head of Programs needs to have the initiative to have their fingers on the pulse and be agile
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Strategy and implementation
• In consultation with the CEO, develop and continuously refine the strategy for the way that Programs contributes to Soar’s organisational strategy & plan
• Provide input to organisational planning and decision making from Programs, Crew and Communication Perspective
• Oversee projects, supervise day-to-day operations, management of the team and assist in coordinating team schedules.
• Ensuring program development aligns with overall organisational strategy to deepen impact.
• Oversee development of annual calendar for Programs Dept to include workshops, trainings, stand-alone youth development programs & community events.
• Consult with the Team Leaders and Facilitators to identify the crew capability gaps, and develop and implement plans to fill these.
• Oversee the suite of Soar Programs and Trainings: in school and outside of school, and actively impact their quality through established and new initiative.
Team Management and Workforce Planning
• Manage and supervise programs team project plans (The Entourage, the Engineers of Development, the Generators and Storytellers) to ensure high quality and consistent program delivery through regular team meetings, development of systems and procedures and assistance with issues as they arise
• Provide sound leadership and management to all Programs Streams including monitoring of performance and workload, and providing support, encouragement and development to the team
• Manage workforce and capacity planning in partnership with CEO and relevant teams.
• Develop, implement, refine and evaluate training plan and accreditation framework across all levels
• Monitor, implement and clearly communicate the accreditation pathway and development opportunities
• In collaboration with Engineers of Development and Impact department, ensure the crew development pathway is delivered and evaluated achieving the required learning outcomes at each level
Reporting and Financial Accountability
• Oversee maintenance of appropriate documentation and record keeping relating to crew levels; including performance, accreditation status, training attendance, and compliance training
• Manage the overall Program’s budget and oversee stream budgets
Key Selection Criteria
1. Strong organisational and administrative skills, with a process-driven approach and an energy and drive to galvanise resources, for efficiency, effectiveness and flow
2. Demonstrated experience coordinating a department with multiple streams within in a fast-paced environment
3. Experience developing, implementing and managing programs and processes within an organisation
4. Demonstrated experience of taking personal initiative, naturally self-driven and motivated to work both independently and collaboratively
5. Understanding of the processes required to keep a close-knit team on track in line with the bigger picture of the organisation
6. Significant experience and demonstrated commitment to working with and/or advocating for young people
7. Interest in digital education programs desirable
8. An openness to a culture of honesty, courage, authentic conversations and maverick spirit
9. A willingness to have a laugh along the way!
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full-time position with some weekend and evening work. 23 days annual leave.
Garda vetting will be required.
Applications with CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date 28th February 2019.