The main goal is to lead and support in all areas outlined below in line with Soar’s Culture and standards. The Financial Administrator reports to the Operations Manager and supports the wider team, to ensure Soar achieves its higher purpose of serving the teenagers of Ireland to thrive, believe in themselves and fulfill their true potential, while also being happy and empowered within the role.
This is a key role as part of an energetic team, responsible for organising and co-ordinating all of the operational activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Soar office. The main responsibilities are to ensure the financial administration is functioning as efficiently as possible, supporting the smooth flow of processes & procedures, and providing key financial co-ordination support.
- Co-ordinate Soar payroll procedure, key liaison with our Payroll providing partner and payment processing
- Administering the Expense policy & procedures including payments
- Invoice and Payment processing, using Accounts system Xero
- Filing of tax relief on donations with Revenue
- Support in filing of all returns and Revenue correspondence
- Managing the core mailbox, dealing with correspondence to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manage and capture monthly and ad-hoc donations
- Recording and processing office expenditure & managing petty cash
- Sourcing suppliers and maintaining stationary and equipment
- Keeping up to date with the Charities SORP and other financial regulations in the charity sector
- Assisting from time to time in managing school workshop bookings
- IT Systems support for team e.g. resetting passwords, drive access etc as well as general assistance in system maintenance
- Document management & co-ordination of Soar Induction Pack
- Managing the office environment – maintaining standards, coordinating repairs etc.
- Organising meetings and arranging appointments
- Assisting in developing presentations/information packs
- Assisting in organising events incl booking of transport and accommodation
- Ad-hoc reporting as required
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about having a positive impact on the young people of Ireland and being part of a Movement, and fully aligned to Soar’s purpose
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively as part of a super energetic, dynamic team and organisation
- A minimum of 2 years financial administrative experience
- Experience working for non-for-profit or in a start-up setting would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong organisational skills with energy and drive to galvanise resources, for efficiency, flow and fun
- Ability to multitask and operate effectively within a fast-paced environment always focusing on quality
- Adaptive, communicative, flexible and solution based style to our always moving Movement!
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Enjoys administrative activity with an appetite for process, figures, and applying your strong Excel skills
- Highly skilled in all areas of IT & Systems specifically Microsoft Office 365, Xero, SharePoint & Salesforce or similar CRM.
- An openness to a culture of honesty, courage, authentic conversations and maverick spirit
- Willingness to have a laugh (and possibly cry!) along the way.
- Part-time, paid position.
- Closing date for applications 4th December 2018.
- Applications to email@example.com