At Soar we operate with integrity and transparency and with respect for everyone who engages with us through all mediums. Your online privacy and security while interacting with Soar is of the utmost importance to us. We protect any personal information you give us while you use our website.
This policy is written in accordance with the Irish Data Protection Act 1988/2003 and the ePrivacy regulations 2011. It explains how we use the personal data that you provide while visiting our website.
What information do we collect?
Through our interaction with you we may gather a range of personal details. For example, this can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, partial card details (through our donation payment processing platform Stripe), as well as information relating to your mental health or personal circumstances. Soar does not collect any personal information other than information that is knowingly and willingly given.
We collect personal information from you when you:
We may collect data from you when you:
- Enquire about a workshop
- Seek support or assistance from us in any way
- Donate to us
- Fill in our contact form
- Fundraise for us
- Enquire about job opportunities
- Ask about volunteering
- Enquire about work experience
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Sign up to take part in any of our events or trainings
- We may also collect details about you from other sources, such as if a friend, teacher or relative contacts us on your behalf seeking support
How do we use your information?
- We may use your information to provide you with details and guidance on the workshops we offer or about any programs you enquire about.
- We may use your information to offer you the best support and assistance available to you given your individual situation.
- We may use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies.
- We may send you updates about our programs, information on our workshop offerings or any new materials we feel you would be interested in
- We may use your information for our communications campaigns to keep you informed on the work we do with teenagers
- We may use your information to assist us in evaluating our programs and ensuring our work is relevant and impactful. Where we gather data from workshops, it is always done anonymously and whenever we use this information in our marketing or communications we will never use names unless you have provided consent.
- We may use your personal information to look into and respond to; complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We may use your personal information to claim tax relief on your donations.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
Do we share your information?
- We respect your privacy and will not sell or give your details to other organisations for marketing purposes.
- Very occasionally we may share your information with trusted support providers if we feel worried for your safety or that you are in need of urgent assistance. We will always inform you of this.
- We may also share information with our financial and legal advisers for the purposes of obtaining advice and protecting our legal rights.
- This website contains external links to other websites. Soar is not responsible for the privacy policies of external websites.
Soar is responsible for collecting your personal information.
- When we collect your personal information, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Soar cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
How can you access and update your personal information?
- You can request access to any information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. Equally, please let us know of any changes at the same address.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated on 22/05/2018
The Office Manager and Financial Coordinator,
The Chocolate Factory,
26 Kings Inn Street,